Monday is a New Opportunity for Your Success
Posted on December 2, 2013
So it’s Monday morning.
You could do what 98% of people do…
- You could complain about it being Monday and be upset about how quickly your weekend went by.
- You could focus on all of the bad stuff going on in the world and in your life.
- You could trudge through your day and look forward to all of your favorite shows on reality TV.
- You can create your own reality.
- You can start building a list of things you need to get done by this weekend.
- You can push forward through whatever life throws at you and choose to live your dreams.
That’s what 2% of people do.
Look at the big picture
Where do you want to be by the end of this week? What do you want to have accomplished? How does that fit into your goals for this month and even this year? Write it down, and then make a list of little things that need to be done before that can happen. Take hundreds of baby steps towards that goal, and the next thing you know, you’ll be sprinting past it.
Focus on Completing Tasks
Take some time today to focus on what you can get done quickly. Yes, you have some big tasks ahead of you, but what are some quick and easy things that you can knock out quickly? Getting a few things done will help energize you for bigger tasks.
Don’t listen to negativity.
Don’t spend your day listening to all of the bad news on TV, the radio, or even online. It’s one thing to be informed, but it’s not necessary to be consumed with bad news. Don’t listen to music that does nothing but complain about how bad life is. Instead, put in some uplifting music, listen to something that will educate and motivate you. Feeding your mind is a lot like feeding your body. If you put bad in, then bad will come out.
What will you do?