10 Free and Innovative Web Traffic Boosting Ideas
Posted on August 15, 2010
Do you have a dead website that nobody knows about?
Well the truth is that it is never easy to get more people to visit your site unless you actually do something. There are ways to generate the desired traffic. It takes being creative and innovative. Here are 10 free and innovative ideas that will help.
- Join social bookmarking sites such as Delicious, Digg, and StumbleUpon. Share your favorite sites with other people sharing the same interests. Include your site. The social networking sites are like a specific search engine for numerous people. Add the bookmarks to your blog site to increase your internet traffic. Add fascinating links to relevant goods that the users are searching for. The more fascinating links you have bookmarked the larger your following will become.
- Participate in other peoples blogs… like this one! Comment on several sites that are both interesting to you and likely to have the same target audience. Add your URL with each post comment that you make. Take into account that you are commenting on articles that someone spent a lot of time to publish, so remain focused on the topic since you do not want your posting to be canceled or considered to be spammy. You want to appear to be an expert and someone others can trust.
- Add widgets, themes, and extensions to your weblog. Make your website as interesting as possible. Likewise, be sure that your internet site is user friendly and exciting. Users want to see and experience new things, give it to them with your website or blog. In order to add custom plugins, widgets and other things to your weblog, you’ll likely need to have wordpress installed on your own domain name. You can find inexpensive domain names and quality hosting (with WordPress built right in) at http://1295domains.com
- Use forum signatures for promotion of your internet site with a live link. Use subjects with great info and link them back to your sties. The more details you provide the readers the more they will trust in you for your new details. They will return repeatedly to read what you are posting. Just be sure that you do not make posts on the forums simply for the sake of posting. Be helpful and show your expertise. When people are interested in you and your comments, then they’re more likely to be interested in your web site or blog.
- Use photo sharing sites like Flickr. Social photo sharing drives people to your site. Be sure to add good tags to the pictures so that they attract the members on the site and in search engines alike. Write a post in your blog and add the link to the Flickr site. The two sites will work in unison to draw visitors to your website.
- Ask friends and clients that know about your business to help spread the word about your site. They can use their personal weblogs, internet sites, and contacts to improve your website traffic. Don’t forget to ask them to Facebook share your posts and tweet about your blog on Twitter.
- Specific sites within your industry often add links to people’s blogs who write reviews about their products or services. If you’re impressed about a business, software, or someehing else, then tell people about it.
- Increase your exposure by adding podcasts to your internet site. Include audio and video that is interesting and intriguing. People love to watch video, just look at the popularity of sites like Youtube! Adding YouTube syndicated videos to your blog is a great way to build up a following. For people who find you on YouTube, be sure to annotate your web site address so that they can visit your blog.
- Submit your blog feed and web site to directories. Directories are typically considered to be authority sites by Google. Once your link is in a directory, then your site is extremely likely to get spidered and listed in Google.
- Submit articles to article directories such as Go Articles and EzineArticles. Be sure to utilize the resource box to drive traffic to your website and establish strong backlinks to your internet site; for the Search Engines.
You should remember that it’s not all about the traffic, but truly about offering what the readers want. When you reach out to them with facts, products and services you are providing a valuable purpose.