William Arthur Ward’s Keys To Success
Posted on March 30, 2010
Many people sit by and complain while others get rich, achieve their dreams, or simply live the life they’ve always talked about. However, the vast majority of people seem to simply blame others for their problems, ask the government to take care of them from cradle to grave, and hate those who have achieved their goals. You have to decide today and everyday, what kind of person are you going to be?
William Arthur Ward Came Up With These Keys To Success:
- Believe while others are doubting
- Plan while others are playing
- Study while others are sleeping
- Decide while others are delaying
- Prepare while others are daydreaming
- Begin while others are procrastinating
- Work while others are wishing
- Save while others are wasting
- Listen while others are talking
- Smile while others are frowning
- Commend while others are criticizing
- Persist while others are quitting
Print this out and place it on your desk, and I’ll even challenge you to put it on your TV.
I have a couple of challenges of my own to help you get more done in a day.
- Create your life, while others watch the fiction of drama on TV. Try to stick to just one or two shows a week (or less!) that you follow and watch. You will you suddenly have more time for living life, spending time with friends, family, and achieving your goals.
- Cancel your cable TV, and spend that $50 to $100/mo. on books, ebooks, web-subscriptions and self-help courses.
- If you have to have a TV, then buy or rent a DVR and suddenly you’ll free up nearly 20 minutes per show hour by fast forwarding through commercials.
- Try using TVersity and sites like Hulu.com, CBS.com, Fox.com etc… to watch your favorite shows on your PC or television. The advantage is that online streaming media is available when you want it, and usually with less than 2 minutes per show for commercials.
- It’s okay to go to movies, rent movies, listen to music, and have fun… but don’t let it consume you. It should be a special part of your life, or special away time alone or an eventful time with your friends and family.
- Invest in your life, and then invest into other people’s lives.
- Choose to be happy.
If you like this, please share this with your friends via Twitter/Facebook and Email.